Tuesday, March 8, 2011

International Women's Day

To celebrate International Women's Day in my own small way, I've been making some goddess - themed journal/sketchbooks:



This journal has a rustic ceramic pendant on the cover with a stamped Nile River Goddess. The Nile River Goddess is a very old symbol of fertility and strength. The woman in the photo next to the journal is Isadora Duncan, the artist and free spirit who created modern dance.

I also made a Moon Goddess journal/sketchbook:


This one is black leather, and has a full moon-shaped ceramic pendant with the image of a goddess holding the moon. I've been a bit obsessed with these little goddess images lately. Something about them makes me want to put on some flowing robes and do an Isadora Duncan-type interpretive dance. I'm afraid I might frighten the dog, though. :)
Happy International Women's Day!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Lovely journals and I really like your pendants on the covers.