Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Handbound Leather Journals

Got a few new journals finished and posted in my Etsy shop. I've been working on some leather journals with quotes about the moon--only seemed natural, since my business name is Moon Bindery! :) Here are photos of a couple of them:

The first one has a quote by Oscar Wilde:

"Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon."




And here is a black elkskin journal with a quote by Albert Einstein:

"I like to think that the moon is there, even if I am not looking at it."





Had a lot of fun designing these. In non-moon news, here is a commemorative leather journal with a quote by Barack Obama:
"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time.We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. "



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Barbara, the Barack Obama journal arrived in world-record time ! I believe I ordered it on Tuesday-it arrived this morning (Saturday) here at my home in England, in a small town. :)

What beautiful leather, and the paper feels great. I also love the quote and the little woodcut.

Thank you VERY much.

moonandhare said...

Sheila, good to hear that you got your book so quickly! And that you like it :)