Sunday, April 20, 2008

Celebrating Springtime and Shakespeare

The head cold is finally going away (after four weeks!), and I've been working on a new book, yay!





I belong to BEST (Bookbinding Etsy Street Team), and members are taking part in a book challenge. The challenge is to create a book celebrating World Book Day (April 23rd), which is also the anniversary of the deaths of William Shakespeare and Miguel Cervantes.



I decided to do a book called "Shakespeare's Flowers & Herbs" that celebrates books, springtime and Shakespeare. It's a book of quotes from Shakespeare's poems and plays, and all of them are about flowers and herbs (as you can tell from the title :).



I added some pictures from an old English herbal, and bound it with a coptic stitch. If you'd like to find out more about this book, you can see it here in my Etsy shop.

5 comments:

Judith HeartSong said...

so glad you are getting better. It is always good to see what you are working on:)

Margins. said...

Wow! That looks great! Love the colors. It has a really great vibe to it.

I love that you are a part of the BEST. Just sounds good. Ha. Who doesn't want to be a part of the best?

Margins. said...

Also...I REALLY like your banner!

A lot.

Dana and Daisy said...

Yes, this is a lovely book. Are the images ink-jet printed on the pages?

moonandhare said...

I'm glad you like the banner, margins! I did a post last February about the banner designer, Amy Blandford.

I used a laser jet printer, Dana. It is a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W. It is a bit cranky and difficult to work with, but makes beautiful images.