It's time for a confession. Dear Dana, over at A Cat In My Lap, tagged me clear back in November, and I'm embarrassed to say that only now am I getting my scattered thoughts together to complete the book tag.
The rules are:
Link to the the tagger, list 7 random book facts about yourself, and tag 7 more friends...so here we go:
1. I am a book junkie. I have a stash of unread books tucked away so there's always a new book to read once I've finished the current one, and I get a bit nervous if the stash starts getting too small.
2. Sometimes I turn the corners down on pages to mark my place (but only in cheap paperbacks). Some book lovers would consider that an evil act, but sadly, there it is.
3. I hand-built 326 books in 2008. I'm not sure whether to be happy or a little freaked out by that fact.
4. When I'm making books, I like to listen to music. Sometimes I dance around a bit.
5. One of my earliest memories is of seeing my mother sitting in her armchair in the living room, smoking and reading novels.
6. I grew up in a fairly remote part of Idaho (in the U.S.), and went to school in a one-room schoolhouse. All of the library books fit into one bookcase. I used to start at the "A" titles, read my way through to the "Z" titles, and then start over again.
7. When I was studying literature at university, I lived in a tiny little apartment with a cat who would lay on top of my books and purr loudly. I knew exactly how he felt.
Now, on to the tagging. I'm only tagging five people, but that's a goodly number, I think. Here they are:
Judith HeartSong, that wonderful artist who, of course, loves art books;
Rhonda at Myhandboundbooks, a fellow bookbinder who trained to be a librarian;
East of the Sun, who inspires with her art and photos of Cornwall;
Kiley, another bookbinder who keeps the tradition alive;
PG, of Middleofnowhere, who often includes the most wonderful book quotes in her blog posts